Tag: WM Hunt
Phoenix Art Museum | INFOCUS
Lecture by Bill Hunt, The Ten Most Exciting Photographers I Learned about this Year
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Free and open to the public, seating is first come, first served;
“A self-described champion of photography, W.M. “Bill” Hunt will engage the INFOCUS audience with his list of the 10 most exciting photographers he learned about this year. Hunt is passionate and unpredictable. He likes to emphasize the “de-light” in photography. For 40 years, Hunt has been a collector, dealer (Hasted Hunt, Ricco/Maresca), curator, writer, teacher (SVA, Aperture and ICP), and story-teller. His book The Unseen Eye: Photographs from the Unconscious was published in 2011 by Aperture in the US, Thames & Hudson in the UK, and as L’Oeil Invisible by Actes Sud in France and selected by most of the Top Ten lists. He is working on a number of new projects while he continues to write and lecture, review portfolios, judge competitions, and serve on the boards of the W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund and The Center for Photography at Woodstock. And, he is a pretty funny guy (self-described).”
Phoenix Art Museum, Whiteman Hall
1625 North Central Avenue
“Two fellowship recipients will be awarded $3,000 each and a solo exhibition at HCP in the summer of 2013. One Houston-based artist (residing within a 100 mile radius of Houston including the Beaumont, Galveston, and College Station areas) will receive the Carol Crow Memorial Fellowship and another artist from anywhere in the world, outside the Houston area, will receive the HCP Fellowship.
W.M. Hunt, Collector, Curator and Consultant
There is a $35 entry, which includes entry for 10 images or video. The maximum number of images artist can submit is 10. You are not required to submit 10 images. You may submit more than one entry. Each entry is $35. All Entrants must be, or become, HCP members at the time of submission; click here to become a member.
- Participants must be or become HCP members (any level) at the time of submission. Basic level of membership, $35, required for submission.
*If you are an HCP Artist/Photographer level ($250) member or above you can waive the fee for one call for entry a year. If you would like to waive this fee please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a discount code.
- The competition is open to all artists working in photographic and lens-based work.
- Any photographic process is acceptable as long as it is:
- Been made within the last two years
- Has not been exhibited in a previous HCP Exhibition.
Rules for Entry
- All submissions will go through callforentry.org, you can create a free account
- Entrants should upload up to 10 images or videos, an artist statement, and a resume/bio
- Acceptance will be based on the body of work by each artist rather than on individual images.”
For the full prospectus and to apply visit callforentry.org.
Photo Center Northwest
Call for Entries: 17th Annual Photo Competition “Equivalents”
Deadline: Friday, May 18, 2012 at 7:00 pm PDT
Fee: $40 for 4 images (each additional image is $7, up to 12 total)
“The Photo Center NW is pleased to announce Equivalents: 17th Annual Photo Competition Exhibition, and our esteemed juror, W.M. Hunt. This year the theme is open. Selected entries will be exhibited in Seattle, WA at the Photo Center August – Mid September 2012. All photo processes are welcome. Maximum frame size is 32 inches on the longest side. Artists will be responsible for shipping their framed work to and from the gallery. The competition is international and open to all photographers.
W.M. Hunt is a champion of photography – collector, curator and consultant who lives and works in New York. He is the author of “The Unseen Eye: Photographs from the Unconscious” published in 2011 by Aperture in the US, Thames & Hudson in the UK and as “L’Oeil Invisible” by “Actes Sud” in France. Highlights from his collection have been seen at the George Eastman House and in Europe in Arles, Lausanne, and Amsterdam. more»
First, second, and third prize winners will take home $1000, $500, and $250 as well as a $75 Blurb Inc. Scrip Certificate for each winner. Photo Center gratefully acknowledges Blurb Inc., Glazer’s Camera, and Panda Lab respectively for their award sponsorships.
The entry fee is $40 for 4 jpgs (minimum). You may add additional jpgs for $7 a piece up to 12 total. You must submit a minimum of 4 images to be reviewed with a artist’s statement (digital file). Payment must be in U.S. Dollars. Entry fees are non-refundable. This juried show is our gallery program’s annual fundraiser and the entry fees help to support our gallery program offerings throughout the year.
- Print out the PDF entry form from our website and fill it out legibly. Click Here.
- Burn up to 12 jpg images on a CD – no DVDs please – (no dvd drive on our office computer-we’re working on it), and include a PDF file on the CD that has your Artist Statement, Print Sizes, Print Types and Your Name. (The juror will view this PDF). Entries by email are not accepted.
- Must submit a minimum of 4 jpgs, and up to 12 total.
- Jpeg resolution 72 ppi, RGB preferred, approx 1000 pixels wide.
- Jpegs must be titled in this format: photographer’s name, correlating letter to match the printed out entry form & the title of the image (JohnDoe _A_Untitled.jpg).
- Required PDF file on the CD that includes your name, artist statement or project statement. This statement should be no longer than 4 paragraphs. After the statement, list the image size of your work and print type. (for example: 16 x 20, Silver Gelatin Prints). Do not send a hard copy of the statement-it won’t be used.
- The CD and CD case must be labeled with the photographer’s name.
- Put everything in an envelope and mail with your payment to (materials will not be returned):
Photo Center NW
17th Annual Contest
900 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122.