Tag: Sam Barzilav
Silver Eye Center for Photography
Call for Entries: Fellowship 13, International Photography Competition
Deadline: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 11:59 pm EST
“Silver Eye Center for Photography announces a Call for Entries for Fellowship 13, our international photography competition. Now in its 13th year, this competition recognizes both rising talent and established photographers from all corners of the globe and from the state of Pennsylvania. In addition to two awards for photographers, we will inaugurate this year a $500 Multimedia Storyteller Award for a short documentary video or internet-based project.
Sam Barzilay, Creative Director, United Photo Industries and Co-Founder, Photoville, Brooklyn, New York
Ellen Fleurov, Executive Director, Silver Eye Center for Photography, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- One International Award Winner receives a solo exhibition at Silver Eye opening mid-January 2013; $3,000 for exhibition-related expenses; an online gallery on Silver Eye’s website (with link to artist website); and media outreach and promotion.
- One Keystone Award Winner receives a spotlight exhibition in mid-January 2013; $1,000 for exhibition-related expenses; an online gallery on Silver Eye’s website (with link to artist website); and media outreach and promotion.
- One Multimedia Storyteller Award Winner for a documentary or internet-based project receives $500; a dedicated article with URL and/or video download via Silver Eye’s website; and media outreach and promotion.
- Six Judges’ Commendation Winners will be named on Silver Eye’s website and press releases.
All U.S. and international amateur and professional photographers, age 18 and older at the time of submission, may apply. Silver Eye staff and their relatives, Board members, current interns, and past Fellowship winners are not eligible to apply.
$85 for non-Silver Eye members.
$18 for current Silver Eye members at the $70 level and above, with membership valid through January, 31, 2013.
- One-page Artist’s Statement in PDF format;
- Biography or CV in PDF format
- Sample of work:
- International Award and Keystone Award: submit up to eight (8) images from a cohesive, exhibition-ready body of work created within the past three years. Or, if from an ongoing project, the portfolio must include images created within the past three years. Image files should be less than 2MB each, and sized around 1024 x 768 pixels @ 72 dpi.
- Multimedia Storyteller Award: your multimedia submission may include either a video or an internet-based project. Please keep video files (.mov, .wmv, .flv) under 60MB and limited to a 3-minute clip. You may also submit one still image from your piece plus a link to your video on your own website. The link should be part of your artist’s statement.
- Submitted work may not have been previously exhibited at Silver Eye or in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
- Submissions will only be accepted at silvereye.slideroom.com.”