Tag: Prix VIRGINIA
Prix VIRGINIA International Photography Prize for Women
Deadline: Friday, May 6, 2016
“The Prix VIRGINIA is organized by the Association SYLVIA S. It recognizes the work of a woman photographer.
It is awarded in accordance with the following rules:
The Prix VIRGINIA, awarded every other year, beginning in 2012, is open to all living professional women photographers, regardless of age or nationality, with the exception of photojournalisms and advertising. Photographs submitted for the Prix VIRGINIA must not have been exhibited in France. Requests for assistance with projects, reporting, or exhibitions will not be considered.
The Jury is composed of eight key cultural figures who deliberate and designate the Winner. Members serve one two-year term, with the exception of the President and a representative of M, the magazine of le Monde.
- 10,000€ from the Association SYLVIA S.
- Publication of the winner’s work in M, the magazine of Le Monde.
- Be-pôles, which publishes the collection Portraits de Villes will offer the winner carte blanche to photography the city of her choice.
- Exhibition in L’Espace photographique de l’Hôtel de Sauroy in Paris, supported by the generous partnership of he lab Central Dupon Images.
- L’Odéon-Théâtre de l’Europe publishes in its season program the work of one of the 11 photographers selected by the Jury.
- Editions Filigranes publishes a box-book with the winner’s and the Jury’s choice photographies.
All informational and promotional materials used during these exhibitions and publications must include the mention “© Prix VIRGINIA 2016”.
The Winner will be announced during a formal, public ceremony by the President of the Jury at a date announced after the deliberations in Paris, in the presence of the Winner, the Jury, and the media.”
For the complete prospectus and to apply visit: http://www.prixvirginia.com.