Tag: Light Sensitive
“Art Intersection is pleased to invite artists to submit work for consideration in Light Sensitive, a national juried exhibition of analog photography. This annual exhibition celebrates the traditional methods of making images in the darkroom. Past work has included c-prints, platinum, cyanotype, gelatin silver, gum bichromate, wet plate collodion tintypes, and other printing processes. While the final print must be made using analog techniques the use of computer generated digital negatives/positives in the creation of the print is acceptable.
Two or three artists will be selected from the exhibition as best in show for an additional exhibition sometime in 2013-2014.
Juror: Kate Ware, Curator of Photography at the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe.
- Work accepted for review must utilize media that is based in analog photographic processes. The final print must be produced in a manner other than digital printing. Prints may be created from digital negatives.
- Three–dimensional work and artist books will be considered if they have an analog photographic basis.
- All two-dimensional work must be framed and ready to hang. We have pedestals without covered protection for three-dimensional work. Please include instructions on displaying your work.
- The works submitted must be the sole creation of the exhibiting artist(s). Submission of collaborative work is encouraged.
- Artists must be at least 18 years old.
- Up to 5 images: JPEG format, 300 dpi, 5-inches on the short side. Work that is not submitted in JPEG format will not be reviewed. JPEG filenames should match the titles as they appear on the title list and include the last name of the artist.
- A registration fee of $40 (non-member) or $30 (Photographer or Patron member).
- Short artist statement about the submitted piece(s)
- Short bio
- An abbreviated process/method description of the manner the print(s) were produced.
- A title list in a separate document that includes contact information along with the title, date, media, and dimensions of submitted work.
How To Submit
- Go to artintersection.com and locate: “Light Sensitive” on the Events page. Pay your registration fee using a credit card, debit card or PayPal.
- Include all the items in your email (see “What to Submit”) and in the subject line please write “Submission to Light Sensitive”.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all required items attached.
By mail or hand delivery:
- In a proper envelope address your submission to:
- Art Intersection
Submission for Light Sensitive
207 N. Gilbert Rd, Suite 201
Gilbert, AZ 85234
- Include a check or money order for the registration fee made out to Art Intersection, or pay through the website.
- Include a CD/DVD of JPEGs (see “What to Submit”) and pdf files with your artist statement, short bio, process description, and title list.
*Submission materials will not be returned. Do not submit original artwork.
Exhibition dates: 9 March – 23 April 2013.”
Click here to download a PDF of the full prospectus.