Tag: Hideko Kataoka
“The 2016 Photojournalism Grant empowers photojournalists by supporting their work, mission, and career. Visura awards one winner with a $5000 cash prize. The winner will be announced at the 2016 Lucie Awards in New York City on Sunday, October 23, 2016.
The Grant has a three-tiered mission:
- recognize and support professional photojournalists worldwide;
- support an ongoing or a new project;
- get the work of photojournalists in front of key industry editors and buyers worldwide.
- Kathy Ryan, Director of Photography, The New York Times Magazine
- Lynsey Addario, Photojournalist
- Hideko Kataoka, Director of Photography, Newsweek Japan
- Nicolas Jimenez, Director of Photoraphy, Le Monde
- Maggie Steber, Photojournalist
Your application must include the items listed below. There is no entry fee during the application process.
- Who can submit: Photojournalists worldwide. All Applicants must have an active PLUS, PRIME or GUILD membership account to submit for consideration.
- How to submit: All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura’s dashboard.
- What to submit: Each Entry consists of a project made up of a series of images (minimum of 15 images, maximum 35), a short synopsis and a long written reflection about the project
- Image Specs: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension (22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format)
- Text: Include a short synopsis and a long written reflection about the project, in first-person, saved as the Project Text. Ex. What is the story or project about? Where does it take place? If more than one place, please specify. If completed, when was it photographed? If ongoing, when did you begin the story/project? What is the story you want to convey?
- All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura photographer’s dashboard
- Projects may be ongoing or a recently completed project
- Image size: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension (22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format)
- Include a written reflection, in first-person, as the Project text (see below for details)
- Limit one project per photographer
- Projects may be ‘published’ or ‘private’ within the Visura system
For the complete prospectus visit: http://visura.co/assignments/submit/13.