Tag: female photographer
“The Magnum Foundation and the Inge Morath Foundation are pleased to announce the 16th annual Inge Morath Award, a $5,000 grant given to a female photographer under the age of 30 to support the completion of a long-term documentary project. One Awardee and up to two finalists are selected by a jury composed of Magnum photographers, the Executive Director of the Magnum Foundation, and Inge Morath Foundation.
Because Morath devoted much of her enthusiasm to encouraging women photographers, her colleagues at Magnum Photos established the Inge Morath Award in her honor.
– Your submission must be delivered as a PDF file. (How do I create a PDF with a Mac? How do I create a PDF with a PC?)
– The first page of your PDF should show your name and the title of your project. Each subsequent page should present a single photograph (unless groups of images are required) with caption (if relevant), using the full frame of the PDF page.
– Please do NOT format your PDF as a slideshow. Also, please do not password-protect your file.Image Specifications
– Your image submission must include 20 photographs (1200 pixels on the longest side @ 150 DPI saved as a JPEG compression at 8 minimum).
– Create a folder containing your individual images. Please use numbered filenames indicating the image sequence, with the number coming first in the file name and then last name; for example: 01_Smith, 02_Smith, 03_Smith etc. (use only two digit numbers; 01, 02, 03, etc.).
Required Support Material
– Project description (250-300 words). This should be concise but descriptive in how the Award will be used to complete work on the project.
– Curriculum Vitae (maximum three pages) including name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
– Scan of ID clearly showing date of birth. All applicants must be under the age of 30 on April 30th, 2017 (in other words, if April 30th is your birthday, and you’re turning 30, then you’re no longer eligible to submit a proposal).”
For the full prospectus and to submit visit: https://ingemorath.submittable.com/submit.