Tag: Darren Ching
“The New York Center for Photographic Art (NYC4PA) invites photographers world-wide to submit images using any photographic process (print, image transfer, emulsion transfer, encaustic, black and white, color etc.). Winners will receive over $5,000 in cash awards and be featured in the NYC4PA Online Gallery. The Grand Prize winning image will be posted on the NYC4PA home page.
As with the theme, this call is the same but different from most of our others. We will still have a wonderful juror, great cash prizes, an online gallery and a winners’ catalog. That will be the same. The difference will be that cash awards will be larger in lieu of the gallery show we usually produce for Prize Winners and Juror Selections.
Same But Different
The New York Center for Photographic Art is challenging photographers to pair 2 photographs and present them in diptych format (both images in one file). Not any 2 images; rather 2 that seem the same, but different enough to make each unique. They may be 2 versions of an image that you processed differently, or the same scene at different times of day. You might have two portraits of the same person with a feature or features that distinguish the 2 images. The possibilities are endless and the room for interpretation and creativity equally vast.
This call is a little different and one we hope you have fun with when selecting your submissions.
Using the diptych format, send us your pairs of images – two images that are THE SAME BUT DIFFERENT.
This Call for Entry is open worldwide to both amateur and professional photographers. NYC4PA invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible.
Exhibition and Awards
Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $1500. The image will be featured on the home page of the NYC4PA website, in the NYC4PA Online Gallery and the exhibition catalog.
- First Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $500. Their images will be exhibited in the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Second Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $400. Their images will be exhibited in the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Third Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $300. Their images will be exhibited in the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Jurors’ Selections: 20 additional images will be included in the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Honorable Mention: 20 additional images will be presented with a certificate of honorable mention, listed in the Online Gallery and the exhibition catalog.”
For the full prospectus and to apply visit: http://www.nyc4pa.com/#!same—different-2015—6/c8ea.
Klompching Gallery‘s Annual Summer Show
Call for Entries: FRESH: The Wall/The Page/The Internet
Deadline: Friday, June 8, 2012
In 2012, FRESH will crossover from the wall to the page to the internet, reﬂecting the three ways in which photography is displayed, published and disseminated. It’s also gone global and is inviting submissions from photographers worldwide.
Eligibility: Open to all photographers worldwide, at least 18 years of age.
What FRESH is looking for:
Submissions of single bodies of work that demonstrate a consistent vision, originality, excellence in craftsmanship and a strong viewpoint. We are looking for the very best examples of new contemporary fine art photography.
- The Wall: Three to five photographers will be selected for a four-week exhibition, affording each artist an extraordinary opportunity to show their work at the Klompching Gallery—one of New York City’s highly regarded galleries for contemporary fine art photography.
- The Page: The exhibited photographers will be published in a four-page feature in BLINK magazine—the acclaimed “go-to” magazine for contemporary photography.
- The Internet: The exhibited photographers will be featured on Flak Photo (Flak Photo Stories)—the popular social media site promoting visual culture.
- Additionally: Ten highly commended photographers will be showcased on the Klompching Gallery website and all submissions will be considered for the Gallery Print Room.”
Click here for the timeline, submission requirements, juror biographies and other information.
Click here to submit to FRESH 2012