FotoFest 2012 Biennial
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2011 (at the FotoFest office)
From FotoFest’s submissions page:
“FotoFest’s own exhibition will focus on Contemporary Russian Photography: Post World War II Avant-garde Photography to the Present. These exhibitions will show work by Russian photographers working in Russia. The theme will be explored through five photography, video and multi-media exhibitions of work by contemporary Russian artists. FotoFest’s Creative Directors are collaborating with two Russian curators on these exhibitions.
In addition to FotoFest’s own exhibitions, numerous Participating Spaces in the Biennial look at work that artists send to FotoFest for consideration. Participating Spaces are the over 100 galleries, non-profit spaces, and commercial venues in the Houston area that choose to exhibit photography during the FotoFest Biennial alongside FotoFest’s own exhibitions.
These spaces have the option of 1) following FotoFest’s focus which in 2012, can include work about Contemporary Russia by artists of any nationality, or 2) presenting work unrelated to FotoFest’s theme. Submissions approved by the Art Board are posted on the submission web page for Participating Spaces to view and select for possible exhibition.”
To have your portfolio reviewed by FotoFest, please send:
- A CD or DVD containing no more than 25 high quality digital images (JPEG)
- A short statement about your work
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- The FotoFest staff reviews portfolios on a monthly basis.
- Digital images must be sized to 1000 px at their longest dimension.
- Digital files that do not follow these specifications will not be considered.
- No more than 25 images will be reviewed. Supporting text can be saved on CD/DVD.
- Due to the volume of materials that FotoFest receives, submissions will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
- Responses may take up to several months. Please be patient and DO NOT contact FotoFest regarding the status of your portfolio. We appreciate your patience.
- FotoFest does not review portfolios sent via email.
- Please contact FotoFest Exhibitions Coordinator Jennifer Ward with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address work to:
1113 Vine Street, Ste 101
Houston, TX 77002
Assembly: Eight Emerging Photographers from Southern California
Presented at Fred Torres Collaborations
March 15 – April 9, 2011
Reception: Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Fred Torres Collaborations
527 West 29th Street
New York, NY
“Assembly, one of four Contemporary U.S. Photography exhibitions commissioned by FotoFest for the FotoFest 2010 Biennial, will be presented by Fred Torres Collaborations in New York City. Assembly: Eight Emerging Photographers from Southern California was curated by the Curatorial Team of the Wallis Annenberg Department of Photography at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, California.”