Can the roots of our current economic and financial crisis be made tangible through photography? The Noorderlicht International Photofestival 2013 aims to peer into what has caused our current state of affairs, particularly into the so-called “1%” and its financial and political power at the expense of the “99%”. For this challenging theme, Noorderlicht calls upon the photographic community to help us build an inspired, profound and heartfelt exhibition.
Professional photographers and curators are welcome to submit their work or proposals throughout the year. Most Noorderlicht exhibitions we curate and produce ourselves, so we are always looking for interesting, innovative and high quality work for the annual Photofestival, the exhibitions in the Noorderlicht Photogallery and for contributions to the Noorderlicht Projects.
Your submission should be accompanied by (word or pdf file in Dutch or English only):
- curriculum vitae with full contact details
- clear description of the work
- synopsis of this description in 100 words at most
- any additional documentation you feel is needed, such as publications (not required)
- if applicable: any specifications for presenting the work that we must take into account, such as special (fixed) formats or materials
Your image files should be sent:
- in JPEG, JPG or TIFF format
- saved with a resolution of appr. 1000 x 1500 pixels
- in RGB or grayscale mode (no CMYK)
- in one layer
- with color profiles included, in case color management is used.”
For the full prospectus, click here.