“Entering its seventh year, The CCNY Darkroom Residency Program provides participating artists with three months of free access to CCNY’s darkrooms, digital work stations, and shooting studio. The CCNY Darkroom Residency Program is supported, in part, by Fujifilm; Kodak; public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council; the New York State Council on the Arts and the New York State Artist Workspace Consortium; and the Jerome Foundation.
All artists currently residing in New York City who are working in photography or lens-based art are eligible to apply. Please note that living accommodations are not provided. Students must have completed their studies on or before January 1, 2013 in order to be eligible to apply.
Benefits of the Darkroom Residency:
- Workspace: Darkroom Residents receive three months of free, 24/7 access to the CCNY facilities. Please visit http://www.cameraclubny.org/facilities.html to see a list of facilities.
- Programs: Residents receive free admission to all 2013 CCNY events.
- Stipend: Residents receive a monthly stipend and donated material support during their residency.
- Exhibition Opportunity: Depending on funding, each resident may have solo exhibition at CCNY after his or her term of residency.
- Work Sample: Provide a work sample of 10 images. CCNY strongly urges you to provide images from a single body of work.
- Letter of Intent: Provide a short paragraph (maximum of 300 words) addressing what you aim to accomplish during a CCNY Darkroom Residency, and how that time at CCNY would most benefit your artistic work and career goals.
- Artist Statement: Provide a brief, one-paragraph artist statement (maximum of 300 words).
- CV: Provide a one-page artist’s resume.”
Applications accepted at CallForEntry.org, only. View the full prospectus and apply at their website here.