If you are interested in scheduling an initial appointment with Ms. Swanson, either for an in-person or telephone consultation, here are some tips to help get you started:
- When first considering working with Ms. Swanson and to help plan for you first meeting, you are strongly encouraged to read “FAQ for Photographers.”
- A two-hour minimum initial consultation session is required for all first-time clients. Her fees for services:
- First-time clients: $300 per hour (2 hours x $300 = $600), for the initial consultation period.
- Existing clients: After the initial consultation period is completed (2 hours of mentoring), the rate drops to $250 per hour or fee is prorated for any portion thereof. Clients may schedule time as needed for as little as fifteen minutes for questions relating to web/print promotion layout, portfolio reviewer priorities, editing copy for website or grant applications, short strategy discussions and more.
As of January 1, 2014: To be considered an existing client you must have complete a consultation with Ms. Swanson within the past 3 years.
- Payment is due at the conclusion of each session.
- Check the MVS on the Road calendar to know what cities she will be visiting and to see which public events she is participating in. On many trips she has set aside time to see photographers who wish to consult with her privately; if appointments are available during that trip, or if all appointments are filled, it will be indicated on this calendar. Typically, you will be able to schedule a telephone consultation sooner than in person; plan ahead if wishing to meet in person in cities other than Tucson – consultation appointments fill quickly.
- When you have determined where and/or when you would like to work with Ms. Swanson, please fill out and submit the Client Fact Sheet. Once your form has been received, you will be contacted with possible dates and times for your consultation. Appointments are scheduled in the order requests are received; priority is given to existing clients and those who have attended a workshop with Ms. Swanson.
- When a date for your session has been confirmed, a verification email will be sent to you with the details of your consultation and advice on how to make the most of your session.
If you are an existing client, please contact Ms. Swanson’s assistant, Kelsey Vance, for scheduling: email@example.com.
Payment options include personal check, money order, by credit card or e-check via PayPal through on my website here (you can use this service whether or not you have a PayPal account).
As of January 1, 2014: If you have time “banked” for future use with Ms. Swanson, it must be used within one (1) year of when the payment was made.