Call for Entries: PoliticoPopUp.2
Deadline: Saturday, November 12, 2016
“The New Orleans Catalyst Collective is seeking submissions for PoliticoPopUp.2, a ten day happening of photography, painting, sculpture, video, performance art, spoken word, live music, artist talks, food and live community art making. PoliticalPopUp.2 is scheduled for December 10th –18th, 2016 at the New Orleans Art Center (3330 St. Claude Avenue, in the Bywater neighborhood). PoliticoPopUp.2 is a safe place to exhibit art, in any medium, that speaks to political and social issues where galleries, museums and other institutions will not. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.”
To submit visit: https://catalystcollectiveneworleans.submittable.com/submit
Texas Woman’s University
Call for Entries: 16th Annual Joyce Elaine Grant Juried Photography Exhibition
Deadline Extended: Monday, November 7, 2016
October 31, 2016
Entry Fee: $35 for 5 images | $60 for 10 images
“Established in 2001 and organized by the graduate photography students at Texas Woman’s University and the Photographic Artist’s Coalition (a student-run photography organization), the annual Joyce Elaine Grant Photography Exhibition provides a national venue for the exhibition of artistic expression as seen through the eye of the camera. Photographers from throughout the United States are invited to submit entries for the exhibition.
The exhibition and endowment was established by Christine Shank and a small group of graduate students and named in memory of the mother of Professor Susan kae Grant. Exhibition proceeds fund the Joyce Elaine Grant Photography Exhibition Endowment which supports photography scholarships for future graduate students in the Department of Visual Arts.”
Juror: Dr. Julia Dolan, Minor White Curator of Photography at the Portland Art Museum
Awards (seleceted by Juror)
- Solo Exhibition at TWU East | West Galleries (2018)
- Coupralux: $200.00 Print Certificate
- Red River Paper: $200.00 Red River Paper Coupon
- Freestyle Photographic Supplies: $250.00 Gift Certificate
- Imaging Spectrum: $200.00 Certi cate for Epson Professional Inkjet Paper
- Arlington Camera: $100.00 Gift Certificate
Submission Guidelines & Eligibility
Judging will be done online, through SlideRoom.com. Please go to twuvisualarts.slideroom.com [16th Annual JEG Photography Exhibition] for further application instructions and requirements.
All photographic and related processes are encouraged including digital, non-silver and photographic book arts. Pieces must not exceed 60” in any dimension.”
To download the full prospectus as a PDF, click here.
INFOCUS, the Photography Support Organization of Phoenix Art Museum, invites photographers to submit a self-published photography book for a juried exhibition to be presented in the Norton Photography Gallery of Phoenix Art Museum. Accepted submissions will be exhibited from December 2, 2016 to April 9, 2017. The purpose of the exhibition is to explore the range of ways that artists are using newly available commercial technologies to self-publish photobooks in order to express themselves.
GUIDELINES and shipping details: http://www.infocus-phxart.org/photobooks/CFE/
JURORS for this competition/exhibition:
Chief Curator, Center for Creative Photography, Norton Family Curator, Phoenix Museum of Art
Mary Virginia Swanson
Co-author, Publish Your Photography Book
Co-author, Publish Your Photography Book
Founder, Indie Photobook Library
INFOCUS Curatorial Intern, Center for Creative Photography and Phoenix Art Museum.
This exhibition was inspired by the Cleveland Museum of Art’s DIY: Photographers and Books
“The 2016 Photojournalism Grant empowers photojournalists by supporting their work, mission, and career. Visura awards one winner with a $5000 cash prize. The winner will be announced at the 2016 Lucie Awards in New York City on Sunday, October 23, 2016.
The Grant has a three-tiered mission:
- recognize and support professional photojournalists worldwide;
- support an ongoing or a new project;
- get the work of photojournalists in front of key industry editors and buyers worldwide.
- Kathy Ryan, Director of Photography, The New York Times Magazine
- Lynsey Addario, Photojournalist
- Hideko Kataoka, Director of Photography, Newsweek Japan
- Nicolas Jimenez, Director of Photoraphy, Le Monde
- Maggie Steber, Photojournalist
Your application must include the items listed below. There is no entry fee during the application process.
- Who can submit: Photojournalists worldwide. All Applicants must have an active PLUS, PRIME or GUILD membership account to submit for consideration.
- How to submit: All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura’s dashboard.
- What to submit: Each Entry consists of a project made up of a series of images (minimum of 15 images, maximum 35), a short synopsis and a long written reflection about the project
- Image Specs: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension (22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format)
- Text: Include a short synopsis and a long written reflection about the project, in first-person, saved as the Project Text. Ex. What is the story or project about? Where does it take place? If more than one place, please specify. If completed, when was it photographed? If ongoing, when did you begin the story/project? What is the story you want to convey?
- All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura photographer’s dashboard
- Projects may be ongoing or a recently completed project
- Image size: minimum 1600px on the longest dimension (22.5 inches @ 72 dpi, JPG format)
- Include a written reflection, in first-person, as the Project text (see below for details)
- Limit one project per photographer
- Projects may be ‘published’ or ‘private’ within the Visura system
For the complete prospectus visit: http://visura.co/assignments/submit/13.
Registration open NOW: Susan Burnstine Workshop “Defining the Personal Narrative” December 9 & 10 at PhotoNOLA
In conjunction with PhotoNOLA 2016 the New Orleans Festival of Photography, “Defining the Personal Narrative” a workshop by artist Susan Burnstine will occur at the International House Hotel on December 9 & 10. This class is limited to 10 students, registration is open now. Visit the PhotoNOLA website and click on EDUCATION to register.
Note: this Festival event is held concurrent with the Portfolio Reviews at PhotoNOLA, do not mistakenly register for both events.
Attendees may also register for the Education Seminar I am organizing on Thursday morning December 8th and attend the many festival events in the evenings and all day on Sunday December 11th. Join us at PhotoNOLA!
PHOTONOLA REGISTRATION (first come, first served basis): Thursday morning Sept 8, 11/EDT, 10/CDT/ 9/MDT and 8 PDT
PhotoNOLA 2016 The New Orleans Festival of Photography December 8-11, 2016
For those photographers wishing to attend PhotoNOLA 2016, the New Orleans Photo Alliance has announced that SEPTEMBER 8th beginning at 10 a.m. Central Daylight Time is when the registration will open.
Those of you who have attended, or attempted to register in the past know that the reviews typically fill to capacity in 5 minutes or less.
This year’s roster includes curators, publishers, art consultants, photo editors and more.
I will be leading an education seminar the morning of THURSDAY, December 8th from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Reviews are held all day Friday & Saturday, December 9 & 10
A wide range of museum talks, gallery walks and more are held on Sunday, December 11th.
Join us! But to do so, be prepared to register at the time noted above for your time zone. Good luck!
“You are invited to submit to Photo ‘16, a national juried fine art photography exhibit at Multiple Exposures Gallery at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, VA. The exhibition will be held October 18, 2016 – November 27, 2016. All artists 18 years of age or older who work in traditional, digital, or alternative photographic processes are invited to submit. We cannot accept entries from outside the U.S. There is no theme. Awards include $500 (Juror’s Selection) and $250 (Gallery Selection).
Sam Abell, Distinguished photographer, teacher, writer, lecturer and National Geographic documentary photographer.
- Entries must be completed online through Submittable here.
- Artists may submit up to three images. Images must be JPGs, sized at 1600 px on the long side, 300 ppi, and sRGB color space. No watermarked images will be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to include an artist bio of 200 words or less.”
For the full prospectus visit: http://www.multipleexposuresgallery.com/photo16-prospectus.
Deadline: Tuesday, May 31, 2016
“TheDocumentaryProjectFund, a 501(c)(3) dedicated to improving communities through photography, would like to announce its Fall 2015 Fall Call for Entries. Applications will be accepted from October 1, 2015 through November 15, 2015. Two awards will be given:
- A $5000 award to an established photographer
- A $3500 Emerging Vision Award will go to a photographer who is either in the beginning stages of a career or undergoing a career transition.
TheDPF is looking for talented documentary photographers proposing visually exciting, issue oriented projects within or around their communities.
For more information and to apply visit: thedocumentaryprojectfund.org.”
“We are thrilled to announce that we will be celebrating our 5th year in our home on the Brooklyn Waterfront and we will be centrally located in the Brooklyn Bridge Plaza directly under the iconic bridge in DUMBO! There will be containers! exhibitions! talks & workshops! Our Smorgasburg Beer Garden with night time events, and this year we will be more immersed throughout the park than ever before – giving our photographers and partners even more exposure to the masses!
We are working with some of our great partners from years past as well as some “new blood” – but we’re always looking for new programming partners to join our PHOTOVILLE family, so we’ve reserved a few containers just for that!
From now till May 20, we will be accepting proposals and if a project seems like it would be a good fit within the land of PHOTOVILLE, we will reach out to discuss how to make it all work financially (rental & production expenses), logistically, and most importantly, creatively!”
For further details and the proposal submission form visit: https://form.jotform.com/60035563250143.